Global Apple Care on a Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by opinioncircle, Jan 29, 2010.

1. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

Hey all,

I have been looking a little all over the place for this, but can't come up with a result.

I have purchased a Macbook Pro back in August of 09 in San Francisco, California. I didn't intend to move back to Europe, but it happened. I have been sorta reluctant to buy Apple Care back in the US. However in the lights of what recently happened in my daily life in Europe, I may use Apple Care for my uMBP.

I would like to know if this is possible to buy Apple Care Protection plan in Europe for a machine purchased in the States. I know the terms applied are global, but I have my reserves as to buying AC outside of the country/region where the purchase as occured.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks fellas !!!

2. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Apple offers global warranty and so I don't think they would care where you bought your machine. Do you have an Apple Store anywhere near you where you could ask?

I know that when my MBP HD died, I was on a business trip in Dublin. I took it to a local authorized service center and got it fixed there without any issues at no cost to me. They didn't care where the machine was purchased. The machine was still on its 1-year warranty at the time.

3. opinioncircle thread starter macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

I do not have an Apple Store around, but I walked by an "official" retailer. At least that's what it said on the sign...

I'm sure the fixing is global, but I do not know if purchasing Apple Care in another country can still cover the machine...

Thanks for the heads up by the way..

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Yes it is possible to purchase AppleCare from another country even if your purchased your Mac from the States.

Alternatively, you can call one of these numbers (depending on your location) and purchase AppleCare over the phone: http://www.apple.com/support/contact/phone_contacts.html

5. opinioncircle thread starter macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

Thanks man. I am going to do that over the next weeks. Since I had my answer, think a mod should close this thread.