Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaltsasa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
Kellogg IA
Does anyone know if this is compatable with mac os 10.3. I have a B&W g3 tower that needs a modem and the internal babies are hard to comeby, and I've heard many an issue with them. I've attempted to do some extensive google searching on it but no info on it's mac os x compatablity.

Here is the link to it

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
kaltsasa said:
Does anyone know if this is compatable with mac os 10.3. I have a B&W g3 tower that needs a modem and the internal babies are hard to comeby, and I've heard many an issue with them. I've attempted to do some extensive google searching on it but no info on it's mac os x compatablity.

Here is the link to it
It is my understanding that MacOS X uses the Open Transport modem drivers. Remember that a modem driver is an ASCII text file. Zoom Technologies, which now owns Global Village, says that no driver is required for MacOS 9.1 through MacOS X for Zoom USB faxmodem. This is also probably the case with Global Village modems. If it is not, then the Open Transport (MacOS 8 or MacOS 9) driver should work.

kaltsasa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
Kellogg IA
Thats what I thought, I remember all my old modems, never had to have a driver. Mac OS took care of it for me. I'm trying to hook up a G3 I have for a freind whos considering switching. I ordered it so we'll see if it really works or not. I suspect it will though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.