gloss vs anti-glare option (ur brightness setting)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ayres, Jun 27, 2012.

1. ayres macrumors regular

i know, i know, so many threads about the screens. it could make one puke! i'm not looking for a, 'help me, what do i purchase?' reply... rather, i'm curious to hear opinions on how screens are used.

i love my 13mbp with the glass panel... many complain about the reflection, and it is something that i have never really noticed or been bothered by. that said, my brightness is always 100% (or within a couple bars of 100%). and that will drain a battery faster. i also never use my computer outside (direct sunlight). i'm usually indoors with lots of natural light coming in.

when my sister was visiting recently, i used her 2011 13mba (i love it), and i noticed i was okay with the screen brightness not being 100% - due to the matte screen.

i'm curious to hear from both sides...

do those WITHOUT the glass panel find that their brightness settings are a little less?

who here uses their glossy screen with the brightness dimmed?

cheers

2. SurferMan macrumors 65816

I have a 13" Pro and a 15" with high res antiglare, no comparison, not only is the 15" sharper for text/images, but there's basically no reflections. Dimming the brightness on the 13" does nothing really for reflections as there's two layers of glass... the Airs don't have that extra front layer so even though their not matte they don't reflect as much as the non-glare Pros. I always leave my settings on auto, rarely adjust screen brightness manually unless I'm running on battery only, but sometimes when plugged in I'll still dim a little bit as the glossy screens can be a bit bright depending on light/conditions etc.

I love the 13" but hate the reflections.