Glossy 24"+ Display Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ntustudent, Oct 24, 2010.

1. ntustudent macrumors newbie

I've just purchased a ex-leased Mac Pro from work, and am now after a couple of displays to go with them.

My only requirements are that they are minimum 24-inch (I will consider larger!), and that they have a glossy screen. I'm well aware of the pros/cons of a glossy display, but I personally prefer them over matte :).

Now I would love a couple of ACDs, but I can barely afford one, let alone two! So I am hoping people would be able to suggest some alternatives.

I have searched myself, but the problem is that nowhere online indicates whether the displays are glossy or not.

Can anyone help? :)

2. kolax macrumors G3

Dell displays are brilliant. If you are on a budget, you might have to sacrifice an IPS screen.

3. ntustudent thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Kilamite. Any specific models? Again, specs online are pretty vague so I never know if i'm looking at glossy or not.

4. kolax macrumors G3

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&sku=457577

That's a TN display, so you'll not get the best viewing angles or colour reproduction but if you think the MacBook Pro screens look good then you'll not care anyway!

I can't find anywhere that says whether it is matte or glossy though. I think that the higher spec Dells tend to be matte though, so this one could be glossy.