glossy bezel issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mac jones, Nov 8, 2008.

1. mac jones macrumors 68040

the highly reflective bezel remains reflective when the rest of the screen is on causing some eye strain i've found.

I imagine what they thought was that if it works great on the larger displays it would work on the smaller scale. But the screen is so small it is distracting.

I don't want to be negative and I imagine it's a minor issue, but it's worth noting.

2. Huked on Fonick macrumors 6502

3. chill. macrumors 6502

you could probably get a screen cover/antiglare filter and cut a hole in it to cover just your bezel

not a great solution but it would work

4. mac jones thread starter macrumors 68040

Yes i'm serious. I have a a whole bunch of these Apple laptops and desktops and this new one has some odd issues.

I never had a problems with any of them but this one has some serious design changes. Also I'm having some problems with a wonky trackpad that i'm pretty sure is software related.

The point with this bezel thing is that it's always reflective. The Air has a glossy screen but when it's on (when your actually looking at it) it's not reflective.

However on the Glassbook the bezel remain reflective.

with a much larger screen this wouldn't be a problem do to peripheral vision limits.

Mind you this isn't really a problem so much much as a poor desigh desision that if feel I should point out.