Glossy Display!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sxl95, Jan 15, 2008.

1. sxl95 macrumors member

In the little bit I have read so far, I have seen no mention of this. According to Apple's website, the new MBA has a Glossy screen.

I can't stand those things. If I want a mirror, I'll buy a mirror.

Oh well, at least the MBP is still offered in Matte. If they take that option away when my dad is ready to buy one for himself, I will not be happy.

-Sam

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I too prefer matte screens, because I work where there are lights above and behind me, both from light fixtures and from windows.

But I think the public has voted with its pocketbook, and Apple thinks glossy is what most people want to buy. And a large enough majority so they don't bother offering us a choice. :(

3. icecone macrumors regular

I can't stand it either
    Especially for a portable one, which is likely to be used outdoors

4. TheStu macrumors 65816

Frankly, I prefer the glossy screen and seldom have glare issues with it. The only times that I do are when I am sitting right in front of a lamp. Beyond that though, it is fine.

5. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

I've never understood the crying and gnashing of teeth over the "matte vs glossy" thing. It's not like the glossy has some kind of evil laser ray that burns your retinas to nubs, leaving you stumbling around in limbo. It's a strictly personal preference. I've had both, and I - personally - prefer the glossy.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I've tried both, and I favor the matte displays. But I'll try not to sob too loudly, so I don't disturb anyone. The bottom line is that if Apple has made their decision and moved past that choice, I'll follow along.