glossy displays and accurate color

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mtfield, Aug 9, 2008.

1. mtfield macrumors 6502

I own a macbook pro with a glossy display and am about to start working heavily with color. I love the display for many reasons and have never had a problem with glare... but i have heard the glossy display isn't color accurate and i was just wondering how big of a problem will this be when working with color? If it is going to be a big problem, i'm taking my computer in tomorrow because of an issue with dead pixels on the screen which they said they will replace... so if you guys recommend it I'm going to attempt to get them to replace it with a matte screen

2. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

It may be a little trickier to get your screen colors to match print (if that is what you are doing), but it can be done. Just take some time to calibrate your screen (using a screen calibration tool if you want) and to tweak your printer settings (if you can) to get the best match between the two.

You may want to look in the Design or Digital Photography forums on here for some tips on this as well.

3. NicolaiK macrumors newbie

The glossy displays are automatically set to show more saturated and contrasted colours, and your work might look flat on other screens or on your prints, if you don't take your time to calibrate your display (and printer, if you want prints) - and that might even not do it perfectly correct.
    +1 for matte.