Glossy/Glass Screen = MultiTouch?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MetBook, Oct 13, 2008.

1. MetBook macrumors member

Does the newly leaked image of the MacBook Pro make you believe that Apple has built in a Multi-Touch screen on the notebook itself?

I haven't heard anyone talk about this. I'm not saying I believe it as I know there's many reasons why i don't think it will ever happen on a conventional notebook but is it possible Apple will do it?

2. azharc macrumors member

Kinda doubt it. If this were to be useful, the display should swivel 180 degrees and fold down so it can be used as a tablet and you can write notes on the screen (Steve never liked styluses [stylii?] though) as well as take advantage of multi-touchiness - which makes it kinda like a Microsoft Surface. Having a multi-touch screen otherwise would be ergonomically painful.

I think it's just a bad angle for the photo that accounts for the glossyness + the display isn't on.

Interesting thought though.

3. Logos327 macrumors 6502

I already posted this in another thread but here you go:

I really don't see computers going that way unless they start selling arm props with computers and monitors.

I think Apple has it right. Eventually, the mouse will be replaced with a large-ish multi-touch trackpad to go along with your keyboard (this applies to desktops and notebooks). You get multi-touch without the problems of muscle fatigue. (Of course a mouse would still be used for gaming)

Edit: I should say general use computers. Some types of computers would benefit greatly from multi-touch screens. Think of an iMac like computer in your kitchen that controls the music throughout your house and can be used for minor web surfing like looking up recepie

4. CrazyScott macrumors member

CrazyScott

The trackpad is to have no button....WTF

this is the only thing stopping me getting the new macbook pro.....i hate tapping!!!

5. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

The trackpad IS the button.

6. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

it would have already been mentioned already. THat would be HUGE for apple.