Glossy/Matte--correllation to shipping delays? Any insights? thanks!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gnownayr, Jun 29, 2007.

?

Did you experience shipping delays?

1. I bought glossy screen online.

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. I bought matte screen online.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. gnownayr macrumors regular

2. mccumich macrumors newbie

Delivery delays

I also ordered a 2.4 GH system within approx. the first week of release, and my system has still not been shipped. This is a warning to others - do not take the delivery time estimate seriously! When I ordered my computer - on June 14 - the est. shipping time was 3-5 days (a stock system with a 4 GB RAM upgrade). The computer delivery estimate has now been delayed until mid July. I apparently made a big mistake in requesting the RAM upgrade - or at least that's what I've been told is causing the delay.

3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Damn, sorry, they must've used it all in mine ;)

It's a shame the shipping time has increased so much. I'm sure it's probably just supply/demand issues, but it does make you wonder.

4. Imbalance macrumors member

Imbalance

I ordered one on the day of rls but they wanted me to wait til the 19th of June so I just popped along to the Bull Ring Apple store and got one there instead. Then my online one arrived last week, lol.

Imb~

5. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

I ordered mine MBP 2.4GHz on June 11th. Just got the mail from apple that it had been shipped. It takes waaay to long. Im pissed frankly speaking cos when I ordered it was supposed to be 1-3 days. Now Im leaving to Europe for a month on Sunday so I wont have it till the end of July...

6. newmacguy88 macrumors member

This is really bizare. I ordered my MBP on Sunday Jun 24th, and it is already in memphis, TN almost to my house as of this morning! I even upgraded the HD. Very strange....:confused:

7. coledog macrumors 6502a

coledog

I ordered my on Saturday the 23rd and it shipped the 27th. It's in Indianapolis right now and it's estimated delivery is the 2nd.

Can't wait!!! I've been without a Mac for 2 days now...:(

8. kolax macrumors G3

I waited until it came available instore and bought it then :p

9. gnownayr thread starter macrumors regular

Glossy/Matte

i know people have talked about this, but i'm wondering if people who ordered glossy screens have had more shipping delays. i know i have. anyone have information on this--or perhaps talked to apple directly about it? thanks!

10. Mr Fusion macrumors 6502a

Mr Fusion

Glossy is CTO, matte is not. What more explanation do you need? :apple:

11. amoda macrumors 6502a

What I don't understand about that is that if indeed glossy causes the delay why doesn't Apple mention this? In the "Configure your mac" page if you choose the 7200RPM HD it changes the shipping estimate to 7-10days from 5-7days, change the screen from matte to glossy and the shipping estimate is the same. As you can see from my siggie i've been waiting since the 17th for mbp and it's getting quite annoying.

12. Hans Anders macrumors newbie

Hans Anders

I ordered my MBP 15'' glossy 2.4 ghz 160 Gb 7200 RPM on Jun 6, 2007 at 03:38 AM PDT. Still nothing. I have estimated shipping date 19 Jul, 2007.

13. BrandonMatt0718 macrumors member

BrandonMatt0718

"Coledog" did you order the glossy display?:confused:

14. Mr Fusion macrumors 6502a

Mr Fusion

Hmm, I think it may be your HD requirement. Here's been my experience with ordering my 2.2 Glossy:

#1: Ordered June 11th - Shipped June 16th - Arrived June 18th.

*Defective* - Sent Back June 26th - Arrived June 29th

#2: Scheduled To Ship Between July 2nd and 5th - Sheduled To Arrive July 5th and 10th

:)

15. Osprey macrumors 6502

Ordered my 2.4 SR MPB matte, upgraded to 7200 on June 5th and nothing so far and yes the upgraded hard drive (7200) does add delivery time, but there are others that ordered the same thing after me and have already received their computers. As far as I can see, there really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason in the shipping process.