Glossy Or AG? Please advise.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mobius 1, May 8, 2011.

1. Mobius 1 macrumors 6502

k, imma normal person here.

i'm thinking of the 15" which has option for a hi res AG or Glossy.

i saw my uncle's glossy display and i LOVE the way it looks, and the colors seem to be a little easier to see.

however, compared to my OLD 2008 13". it's duller and has a less "pop" to it

but i dislike the glossy because it's hard to see on bright sunlight (with brightness level 1 [yah, battery sucks]), gets fingerprint easily and the quality seems to go away with time (max brightness level, and color intensity lowers).

the things i mainly do is games like black ops, portal 2, CoD MW2, WAW, 64x64 textured Minecraft Beta and BF 3 if released. the non games is photoshop, Office, HD movies (no stream, me internet 20kb/s), and internet browsing.

i don't want to waste monies on something i don't like. so plz give suggestion

also, should i wait for os 10.7 official and a new refresh of the MBP?

2. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

I have glossy but I prefer non-glossy but I have a quality external monitor for serious photo work. Glossy is okay if you are not working with a bright background since bright background is what causes reflections.

however, compared to my OLD 2008 13". it's duller and has a less "pop"

It should have less pop since in 2009 apple increased the color gamut on the MBP's 60% so they now show a wider range of colors - actually they essentially show the full sRGB color gamut. Other than that a monitor ideally should be calibrated to get accurate colors - I have hardware and software for this. Glossy does have a tendency to make colors pop more but serious color users want to see accurate colors - what their pictures really look like, not enhanced. That allows for prints to match screens and for people with calibrated monitors to all see the same thing.

Gloss or non-glosse - there are strong feelings about this on both sides so it is more about personal needs/preference

3. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Sounds like you're the glossy typecast...

Theres no need to wait for the OS or refresh. Now is a great time as any.