Glossy or Anti-glare?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gEeKy, Nov 1, 2011.

1. gEeKy macrumors newbie

Hi. I am getting a 15 inch MacBook Pro soon but I need to know... should I get the anti-glare or glossy screen? I'm going to be programming iOS and Android apps. Help anyone?

2. kophinos macrumors newbie

i would get the anti-glare (AG) hi-res panel.

i just ordered my new MBP with that option, i saw in the the store and it was impressive. i'm upgrading from a C2D Macbook Pro 2,2 with the AG display as well, but lately i have been feeling constrained with the 1440x900 resolution.

YMMV, but this all my opinion. i can't stand glare.

3. Mac-key macrumors 6502a

anti-glare. I love mine. But that's me, everyone is different. I'd suggest taking a look in person

4. DoctorOwl macrumors newbie

Another day another same thread. Go standard res glossy unless you're a full-time professional photographer/videographer.

5. chuckles:) macrumors 6502

I'm glossy and lovin it. Really makes the colours pop.

6. jdsingle macrumors regular

Standard Resolution Glossy.

I was worried the glare would be bad on this thing but I have had no issues whatsoever. Sometimes I make music outside and even then no big deal. The Hi-Res seems to be more for photo/video editers or people who are anal.

7. Spadoinkles macrumors regular

Sums it up really. Content wouldn't be noticeable to a lot of human eyes (and if it does, that money is better well spent towards a nicer display e.g Dell's IPS monitors since you wouldn't care as much about detail on the move anyway).

I'm going antiglare next month because it will be my ONLY machine while I'm roaming overseas & everywhere over the next three years, but given a choice, if I had a stable 'home base', I'd go standard + dell IPS.

Depends on your scenario, where you'll be using it (Go AG if you're always working outside in the sun). A glossy will have better colour and will really shine in a studio, darkroom or any nerd/geek's hideout :))

8. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

I have glossy but I'd definitely go for AG..... glossy is literally a pain in the ass when you try to save battery and turn the brightness down the only way to really use it is having the brightness all the way up (unless your in a low light area)

9. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire