Glossy or Antiglare for new macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macall75, Feb 24, 2011.

1. macall75 macrumors member

Need to decide if Iam getting the glossy or antiglare when I purchase my new Macbook pro 17", I'll be using it for mainly print and design, would like colours to be accurate on the screen, does the glossy make much of a difference

2. chiodo macrumors newbie

I was just wondering the same thing. What is the difference between the Glossy and Antiglare? Which has the better quality image?

3. amoergosum macrumors 6502

Go for the matte screen then.

4. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

Oh god no this again. Man go to the apple store and look at them. It's personal preference more than anything. Stop making threads that we have 500 of already.

5. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

You'll get opinions on both sides for this... ultimately the best thing to do is go to an Apple store (if there's one near you), look at both and decide for yourself.

Personally, I prefer anti-glare. I don't like the reflections on glossy screens, and feel like they increase the contrast too much for doing photography work. I might feel differently about the high contrast if I were just using the computer to watch movies/play video games.

6. macall75 thread starter macrumors member

Its my first time getting a mac since all this glossy v matte thing started up, I had no problems at all with apple before this, i just need to know which one is the best to go for, as will be spending a lot of money on it, I dont want to be an unhappy customer with a display I dont like, just looking for some advice on what other users think

7. chiodo macrumors newbie

oh man god forbid someone make a new topic on a forum to talk about a subject.

8. babyt macrumors regular

babyt

I disagree because in the case of personal preference if he liked the glossy colors better he would not get the mist accurate print colors.

For print and design get the antiglare
    I'm a graphic designer and find the antiglare to be WAY more accurate then the glossy any day.

9. macall75 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice, our nearest apple store here, doesnt seem to have the antiglare ones on display, its quite a small one, so Iam only going by what other users experience, I was thinking of going with the antiglare anyway, just wanted to be sure, I was also thinking of getting the imac but not sure about the glossy on it

10. babyt macrumors regular

babyt

I honestly can't stand the glare
    IMO it's really distracting.

I do use a 21 iMac at school and it bothers me a little but not so much ad it does in the laptop