glossy or matt MBP LED?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ipaqman, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

hi all,

i am purchasing the new MBP 15 inch 2.4 for university next year and wanted to know which screen to go with (glossy or matte). I will be taking law in college and won't be doing any photo editing. which one do you suggest?

thanks.
    ipaqman

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If you are going to use the computer for long periods of time, then go with the matte screen, if you aren't then you could go with the glossy screen. Also, if you don't like to see the reflection of objects in the screen, then get a matte screen.

3. kelsoberry macrumors newbie

kelsoberry

There have been several reviews on both the glossy and matte options. Any reflections of light or objects can be fixed by tilting the screen a quarter inch in either direction.

4. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Matte screens are like most LCD monitors and TVs-you just see the actual image. "Glossy" screens just lack the coating they need, and unfortunately it was discovered that they sell better in computer show rooms.

Although from what I've seen, the Macbook at least must still have SOME coating, because it isn't completely reflective like a lot of Windows PCs are.

5. munckee macrumors 65816

The macbook screens aren't nearly as bad as I expected. I'm not a glossy fan AT ALL, but I couldn't justify that as a reason to pay for a MBP. After a couple days of use, the glossy hasn't bothered me yet.