Glossy screen on early -08 Penryn

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nph, Nov 28, 2008.

1. nph macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I have seen a lot of coments on how bad the new MBP glossy screen is. So the question is how is the early -08 MBP with a glossy screen?

Is it better and is it LED just like the non glossy?

I saw a great deal on a glossy and is starting to lean toward that compared to the new MB since it is cheaper.

Many thanks and I appreciate any quick response given that I need to order this weekend!

/Peter

2. nph thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone?

Surely someone has an opinion?

Thanks

3. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

i have a glossy and it works great. you cant even tell its glossy, well besides the great picture. I just orderd mine through my dad b/c he had the credit card that was big enough to make the purchase. i was very unhappy when i opened it up and it had a glossy screen. But after using it i have no glare problems, like ever. Theres a light behind me now and i cant even see it, even if i try and focus to see if i can see the glare. Its easier to clean than a matte as well. i had a matte dell and it took forever to clean, this is much easier. That and i dont know what they do to get it to work so good, but like my sisters dell glossy is aweful for glare and what not. O rite almost forgot-early(september) penryn MBP 2.4 glossy 4gbram 8600m gt