Glossy Screen or Regular Matte on MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bush438, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Bush438 macrumors member

Ok guys, this has been bugging me and is probably not even a big deal but I'm looking for feedback.

I will be using my MPB for some Video and Photo editing but also for watching DVD's on the road. Lots of travel. Which type of screen should I go with?

Many thanks!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Pro editing really requires matte. If its just for fun, take a look at MBPs of both varieties if you can (remember that store lights are not what you'll get at home), its a matter of preference...

3. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

i bought a matte one and far prefer it to my sis' macbook's glossy: less eye-strain

4. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Personally, I prefer the matte. The glossy shows to many reflections for me. Although they say you get used to it...

My recomendation though is to go to the Apple Store and take a peek at both and see what you think. Tip the screens up and down so you can see what they look like with and without reflections, and you can decide what is best for you.

I know several people who have glossy and think the reflections are no big deal...

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I just got the base MBP with the glossy screen. So far, I haven't really noticed any glare or reflections.

6. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

My gosh this topic has been posted about a zillion times. Normally I'm not a "use the search function" cop, but in this case it has to be done. Do a search, this has already been asked and answered a zillion times.

7. soms macrumors 6502

soms

Matte ftw if you like doing photo editing etc or need true color representation