Glossy Screen v. Regular

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shirish33, Jul 20, 2008.

1. shirish33 macrumors newbie

I am about to purchase a macbook pro and was wondering whether i should get a glossy screen or regular. I know the difference between the two, but was wondering what experiences people have had with both screens.

2. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

non-glossy.

I don't know about you, but I can't stand seeing the reflections of everything behind me when I'm looking at my screen.

3. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

really? I am looking at my screen right now - no reflections.

Glossy for me. I have both matte and glossy laptops, and the glossy just pops more, is brighter and has more wow factor. Although I have heard Matte screens have more accurate color reproduction. Depends on your uses I suppose.

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

When I had my MacBook, I couldnt stand it. I saw reflections, it got dirty fast, and it wasnt that bright. Matte is much softer of the eyes, doesnt get dirty, and it is much brighter.

5. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

this sort of thing really is subjective, some people don't notice it as much, and some who do, aren't bothered by it. I for one am very much bothered by it.

6. Crunz macrumors newbie

I have the glossy macbook pro screen and i dont see the reflections others are talking about, its bright and crisp, much better for looking at photo's and watching videos (DVD movies, and not the sort you think, dirty minded people).

7. wako macrumors 65816

simple solution...

STOP LOOKING AT IT...

glare honestly doesnt bother me. If you just stop focusing on the glare you really dont see it.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

9. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

Matte is brighter?

10. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

I vouch for glossy. It really brings the colors out. I have a MPB with glossy, and I rarely see reflections.

11. RainForRent macrumors 6502

RainForRent

I personally like to think of it from the standpoint of the outsider– I hate sitting in airports and the sun will glint from someones stupid glossy screen and get in my eyes. I hate it. And you get better color reproductions on matte anyway.

12. DarkRevenant macrumors member

Go to a mac store and look for yourself.

I prefer matte because the colors are more accurate and theres no glare. I didn't like the glossy because like other people I was seeing the reflections of everything within the screen, and I know I will be using my laptop outside.

No one here can tell you which to pick. See what you prefer and weigh it against your needs.

13. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I'm glad I got the matte. Much better for graphic work I'm my opinion. I've compared and worked on both and I feel I get better control.
    But I agree the glossy is sharper.