Glossy Screen?

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I recieved a MacBook Pro to replace my PowerBook G4, and when I entered the serial number to register it, I saw that it was supposed to be a glossy screen. I compared it side by side to another MacBook Pro that had a glossy screen, and the screens looked completly different. Personally, I don't really care about whether my screen is glossy or not, but if this one was supposed to I want to know why it doesn't.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
Did you order it with a glossy screen? If so, then yes, it should be glossy. If not, then there's nothing wrong.;)

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
AppleCare never specified whether it had a glossy screen or not, so I just assumed it didn't, until I checked the serial number. Maybe it's just an error in their database. The only reason I'm concerned is if anything happens to it, I don't want them to think I replaced the screen on my own, and void my warrenty.

Pressure

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Definitely an error. Mine says it's a glossy MacBook Pro but it isn't. Which I am quite satisfied with if I might add ;)

Donz0r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2006
Glossy Screens are amazing. I'll never go back to a matte screen, they're so ugly. And i have had no problems at all as far as reflection goes.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Donz0r said:
Glossy Screens are amazing. I'll never go back to a matte screen, they're so ugly. And i have had no problems at all as far as reflection goes.
Don't rub it in or anything. :(

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
There are numerous thread about whether glossy/matte screens are best.

Since Pressure has the same error as you, I think you should be fine, as long as you like your matte screen.;)

danscott

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2004
Pressure said:
Definitely an error. Mine says it's a glossy MacBook Pro but it isn't. Which I am quite satisfied with if I might add ;)

I experienced the exact same thing, serial number identified my MBP as a glossy, but it's not.

danscott

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2004
Star Destroyer said:
where can i enter my serial number to check such things on my macbook?

It was during the registration process. After I got my MBP I went to register it online, and that is where I noticed that it was listed as a "Glossy"

XP Defector

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
Have to say, went Glossyscreen and now I'd never turn back. Everything looks amazing. Used my friends 15" Powerbook and was shocked at how dull it looked.