Glossy vs Matte reassurance

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dmaxdmax, Aug 23, 2007.

1. dmaxdmax macrumors 6502

dmaxdmax

I fretted over this issue, spending nearly 1/2 hour on each screen at the Apple Store. I went w/matte since I knew reflections would drive me nuts.

My matte screen looks amazing in part because in real life I'm not doing an A-B comparison. I'm just using a kick-ass (does that need a hyphen?) machine with a great display.

My advice is to look at each screen for a minute, but NOT side by side. Then go with your gut and save the fretting for issues with greater downside. I suspect 95% of people will make a fine choice and I'm sure that agonizing won't increase that percentage significantly. It might lower it.

Enjoy whatever you get!

2. Estelio macrumors newbie

I agree, just go into an Apple store and your answer will appear within seconds.

3. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Only problem there is that there is no matte for the imac, otherwise I would have gotten that version. I've heard that glossy screens can strain your eyes. Oh, well, it's too late for me now, I guess. :p

4. Estelio macrumors newbie

You can get a 3M screen sheild to dim the reflections down.

5. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

Has anyone tried this product? Does it affect the visuals detrimentally? I'm curious :)