Glossy: Yes it's really THAT bad and even WORSE

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MBX, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBX macrumors 65816

Holy ****. So the first assumptions about the glossy were even worse than i thought.

I had a glossy early 2008 MBP for a few weeks previously before these new redesigned models came out and even then i hated glossy. But now i got to play with the new ones and the glossy is even worse! I mean much worse! It's like "teh" hyper-glossy!

Who said it's less glossy than the older glossy screens? WTF! NO!

I tried to move and rotate the laptop however i wanted nothing helped really, even pointing it at black background didn't help as it was still reflecting myself in it.

Who the hell at Apple really thinks this is good for creative pro's? I can't imagine doing any serious work on that. Even after a few min's of browsing the net my eyes started to hurt from squinting and trying to focus through all that glare and reflection.

Just unbelievable.

2. onesixeight macrumors member

I totally second all your comments...

I really wanted to like the new MBP, but I've decided I'm returning mine and keeping my old MBP.

While it is bright and the colors are great, the glossy display is way too distracting for mobile use.

I thought I could get use to it, but I just couldn't adjust after 10 days of use.

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I haven't been able to see a new MB or MBP yet, but I saw an iMac at Fry's yesterday. Holy mother of God was it reflective. I think it would produce glare in a black hole. I think all glossy is fine on the iPhone or iPods, when you can easily adjust angles and aren't looking at things for lengthy periods of time (and can easily find anti-glare covers). But these monitors all seem to be reflection nightmares. When you order any of these products, they should offer some anti-glare treatment (be it a coating or film) to get put on at the darn factory.

4. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

oh jesus christ, still beating a dead horse, are we? Don't like it? DON'T BUY IT. It really is THAT simple.

5. hithere macrumors member

hithere

I don't understand because people complain about comments on glossy screens. You are not obliged to read them. ;)

6. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I was at the store to buy a sleeve for my last gen MBP, and I went to try the new machines again. I compared them to the old MB, which had a glossy, and they ARE WORSE.

*sigh*

7. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

You know, sharing experiences, whether positive or negative, is much more constructive than your post, which is nothing more than moaning about threads that you can simply walk away from. Don't like it? Don't read it. It really is THAT simple.

VV

noodle654: Was that you I was channeling just now? Spooky.

phiberglass: I see you like your new MBP as much as dissing the threads of those who don't. Congrats on your purchase, but have respect for the rights of those who don't agree. And perhaps maybe you could appreciate that maybe having a choice isn't a bad idea. For example, you have the choice to follow the advice recently offered to mknawabi.

Now, back to that dead horse.

8. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

MBX is sharing his experience with the new MBP. If you see a thread like this, DONT READ IT. It is really THAT simple.

brad.c....beat me to it!!

9. phiberglass macrumors 6502a

phiberglass

Stop posting these threads. If you don't like good then keep to yourself or do a search and see how many other threads are posted.

10. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

I hope Apple is reading all this and thinking hard.

I'm not sure what the fans of glossy think about this but if they want to make the glossy screens glossier that's fine by me but why take the option away? I don't believe that the glass lends any stiffness to the display enclosure. If there's sufficient strength for the aluminium display backing to bend or be stressed, the glass will crack first.

11. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

12. KilljoyPBN macrumors regular

What? Users that don't like the glossy only switch by Apple? This is news to me.

13. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Agreed, this topic has been discussed in and out.

14. Teej guy macrumors 6502a

Wrong. People who like glossy should stop posting in these threads since they've already got the product they like.

15. grafixman macrumors newbie

Oh yet another person making a "glossy screen sucks" thread. First i can pretty much say this guy is not a professional. More than likely some kid who got his parents to buy him apple products cause he thought it would make him cool. Second he prolly only made this thread cause it was an easy way of getting someone to read one of his post for a change. "Boo Hoo Hoo Apple hasnt pleased me like it should cause im so special that a Billion dollar company should care about a nobody complainer like me." So go cry in a corner or shut the hell up if apple (who owes you nothing) didnt make you happy.

16. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

in other words.. welcome to macrumors

but seriously, this glossy complaint is getting annoying

17. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I love how the glossy haters say those who like glossy aren't allowed to post.

Then they call say "Look at all these posts! Everyone hates glossy". :rolleyes:

Yup, freedom at it's best as long as you don't contradict the complainers. :confused:

18. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Thread 34,361 on glossy displays. I think we're done here.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.