Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
I'm looking for a pair of gloves that'll work with my iPhone. I've looked at the North Face Etip glove but they're out of stock everywhere online. Any other suggestions?

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2005

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2010
I'm looking for a pair of gloves that'll work with my iPhone. I've looked at the North Face Etip glove but they're out of stock everywhere online. Any other suggestions?

I like the etips alot - wound up buying them on ebay last year. Only issue is that they are very, VERY thin - so I wear them under a set of wool fingerless gloves. The combination keeps me warm and still lets me use my phone.

Looks like next week delivery is available from here:
http://www.altrec.com/the-north-fac...-4951-E011-AD03-001B2163195C&mr:referralID=NA

Jmacman78

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Northwest, CT
I've got the Agloves, they are pretty good, however they aren't very warm IMO. If it's extremely cold they don't cut it for me.
I also have a pair of Marmot Gloves like these, mine are the previous version and are much warmer than the Agloves.

onespeeder

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2011
Check out REI.com or a store near you, there are a few different styles of touch screen gloves.

hizzaah

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
Anyone suggest a pair of gloves that are warm yet thin enough to be functional? I hate freezing my hands when it snows, but I hate even more having bulky gloves to keep warm..

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2010
Anyone suggest a pair of gloves that are warm yet thin enough to be functional? I hate freezing my hands when it snows, but I hate even more having bulky gloves to keep warm..

It sounds goofy, but I've really found that the thin etip style gloves that are almost liners, UNDER a set of fingerless wool gloves, or those mittens with the flip down finger coverings, works really REALLY well. Warm enough for most casual wear, but also giving full access to the phone. I mean, I wouldn't wear that setup skiing...but I'm also a crappy skiier so I probably wouldn't be carrying my phone with me anyway :)

Manzanas

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2011
Is there anything that you can buy that you can put on existing gloves now to make them work with touchscreen? Maybe a little sensor that goes on the tips?

KapitanIksrog

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
No this is not possible. Maybe you need to check out these fancy gloves: http://www.mujjo.com/

Here are instructions on how to do this: link

I haven't tested it myself yet but asked my wife to try in on a paid or favorite gloves.

A note on the Northface etips. I have 2 pairs of them. They are very thin and the finger slots are long (or I have short fingers). It makes using the touchscreen tough as I need to kind of pull the finger tight before using it or I lack accuracy. I also notice that the fabric on the fingers that works wears quickly and didn't last a full winter before it basically stopped registering touches. Just my 2 cents.

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
Northface E-tip ones I got at Bloomingdales $40. I have small hands and the XS fit me snugly which is amazing. I also got a nice pair of (I believe) Echo leather ones at Saks - S is a loose fit and they aren't very warm at all. For vanity I kept them. $68. (Sorry for the name dropping - free shipping, and local returns. and some other bonuses make me a loyal customer. I still have some microfiber Echo touch gloves from last year, but they are no longer available.

rknelissen

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2011
Netherlands
Northface E-tip ones I got at Bloomingdales $40. I have small hands and the XS fit me snugly which is amazing. I also got a nice pair of (I believe) Echo leather ones at Saks - S is a loose fit and they aren't very warm at all. For vanity I kept them. $68. (Sorry for the name dropping - free shipping, and local returns. and some other bonuses make me a loyal customer. I still have some microfiber Echo touch gloves from last year, but they are no longer available.
Mujjo has €2,50 for shipping in Europe and €3,50 shipping in the rest of the world.

Steven22

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
WOOW that's cool. thanks for that!
How do the gloves react on the touchscreen? same as without gloves?

These guys should get awarded! These damn gloves even work better than without gloves, as my fingertips get dry during cold days and thanks to the "magic" silver used in the Mujjo gloves they even work on a damn cold day!

----------

By the way does anybody know where I can find Grouponbuy for the Mujjo gloves? As my colleagues constantely grab the gloves during breaks :S, so I can suggest my Boss to order a bunch as a Xmas gift!

Steven22

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
Thanks, but these gloves don't look fashion. I assume they are great for winter sport holiday, but not for my office breaks ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.