Gloves which work with iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vos4, Oct 26, 2008.

1. vos4 macrumors newbie

Did a search and didn't find a relevant topic in the forum...though I am a newbie so could have missed it...

Anybody know of a winter glove which works with the iPhone? As winter is approaching and I'd like to keep my hands warm while using the phone outdoors! :)

I've seen three models online:
    - Marmot iGlove (seems to be Women's only, no Men's?)
    - Tavo Glove
    - Dots Glove

I'm leaning towards the Dots Glove, but haven't seen any user reviews.

Any thoughts or suggestions by those who used an iPhone last winter?
    Thanks!

2. musio macrumors 68020

musio

3. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I was just thinking about this the other night, I kept having to take my gloves off to do anything on my phone (not sure how I handled this so well last winter with my first gen.). I found some really thin gloves that give a little bit of insulation and still register my touch on my phone. It gets tricky when I'm snowboarding though. I get worried about falling on it, (more now with the plastic body) and it's a pain to take my glove off to do anything on my iPhone. I guess I will have to buy one of these neat gloves or just deal with it the way I did last year.

4. vos4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you mean the ones where the fingertips are exposed? I thought about that, but would prefer to have something fully enclosed. Worse case, I'll have to get one of those though.

Which gloves were those that worked for you?

I would prefer to not take off the gloves each time either. And with the weather already starting to get a little cold, I realized I should find something which can address this. I can handle the cold, being a Chicago native, though would prefer to have a glove which works!

5. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

The iGlove is unisex from what I can tell. Appears very unisex in the pics, how did you determine it was Women`s only?

The dots glove scares me, metal tips? :eek:

6. vos4 thread starter macrumors newbie

When you open the iGlove website it shows the gloves under the Women's section. They also seem to have a thinner iGloves version under the Liner grouping, again in the Women's section. Though I agree the thicker ones look like they could be Unisex.

7. 184550 Guest

8. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

get gloves and cut off a finger or 2 from it so you can use ur phone lol

9. Lara F macrumors 6502a

10. daisuke07 macrumors regular

You just have to get those mittens with those black metal fingertips. It looks hard to text like that though because you will not be able to see exactly where it is or you will be at least slower.

11. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

12. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

I would worry that metal fingertips would scratch the glass.

13. vos4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, hadn't seen that one on the site, another option for guys then. Though those and the Tavo gloves look strange to me

To be fair they have a black pair, but don't know about that bit of jewelry hanging off the gloves...or what ever it is.

14. vos4 thread starter macrumors newbie

What about if you have a screen protector on your iPhone?