Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quillz

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
That Little Girl Is Using A Macbook Pro!!! Shame On You Microsoft, Shame On You
What exactly is shameful about Microsoft, a software company, building software for multiple platforms, like Windows and Mac OS X? Microsoft makes Microsoft Office available for both Windows and Mac OS X. Shouldn't Apple equally be shamed for having iTunes on Mac OS X and Windows?

And frankly, why is the girl using Windows on her MacBook Pro? I guess Mac OS X just isn't good enough. If anyone should be shamed, it's Apple.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
^ Um for some reason I don't think this is really from MS. However I do really like the line "Microsoft huh? So that means it's easy to use."
:)

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008

Why, last I checked microsoft was in the business of selling software, not hardware.

Seems of ate there is more threads about Windows 7 than OS 10.6

Quillz

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
^ Um for some reason I don't think this is really from MS. However I do really like the line "Microsoft huh? So that means it's easy to use."
:)
Well, it's a research project called Songsmith that is being done by one division of Microsoft, so yes, I would classify it as a Microsoft product. But it's certainly nothing that will ever be mainstream.

And as for the commercial itself, of course it's cheesy. Look at Microsoft's past commercial dating back to Windows 386. That's how it is with other companies, too. Cheesy tech videos are just a staple of this industry.

Mr. lax

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2007
Canada
What exactly is shameful about Microsoft, a software company, building software for multiple platforms, like Windows and Mac OS X? Microsoft makes Microsoft Office available for both Windows and Mac OS X. Shouldn't Apple equally be shamed for having iTunes on Mac OS X and Windows?

And frankly, why is the girl using Windows on her MacBook Pro? I guess Mac OS X just isn't good enough. If anyone should be shamed, it's Apple.

The reason she isn't using it on OSX is because this is a Microsoft branded product, and a Microsoft funded add for it. The use of a Macbook pro is what i found strange because it is a computer made by their competitor.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
The reason she isn't using it on OSX is because this is a Microsoft branded product, and a Microsoft funded add for it. The use of a Macbook pro is what i found strange because it is a computer made by their competitor.

Competitor? What company developed software to allow Windows to dual boot on their systems?

Quillz

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
I wasn't aware that Microsoft made computers.

No, the real reason she's using Windows on her MacBook Pro is because Songsmith (presently) only runs on Windows.

Mr. lax

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2007
Canada
I wasn't aware that Microsoft made computers.

No, the real reason she's using Windows on her MacBook Pro is because Songsmith (presently) only runs on Windows.

They don't make computers, but they are apples biggest competitor, and apple is theirs.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
They don't make computers, but they are apples biggest competitor, and apple is theirs.

Ironic how apple makes boot camp to allow windows to run on their system.
According to all apples commercials they say how bad MS OS is. so why in the bits and bytes world would one want to run windows and contribute to, how some put it, M$?

Good night all

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Ironic how apple makes boot camp to allow windows to run on their system.
According to all apples commercials they say how bad MS OS is. so why in the bits and bytes world would one want to run windows and contribute to, how some put it, M$?

Good night all

Because they realize that some people have programs that are only made for windows and dont want to lose a sale over it....

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
yeah I know.

Not just this site but mac sites bash the living hell out of wndows.

Then you come here and its one of the better sites to read how the Windows 7 beta is going. which I think is a great thing but ironic.

If I had some extra cash I would pick up a mini to learn a little more about OS.

I think boot camp is a great feture.

But I agree whatever that video was it was horrible, and I thought i couldnt sing

NoSmokingBandit

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2008

lets all type real big cuz it looks cool

Ms doesnt give a crap what computer you buy, as long as you are buying their software.
Im downloading the demo just to check it out. Looks kinda dumb, imo, but im still intrigued.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
lets all type real big cuz it looks cool

Ms doesnt give a crap what computer you buy, as long as you are buying their software.
Im downloading the demo just to check it out. Looks kinda dumb, imo, but im still intrigued.

I wonder if they will be able to tie it in to the 360. Write your own music, and sell it for MS points, kinda like the app store

Luftwaffles

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2008
Kansas City, MO
I wonder if they will be able to tie it in to the 360. Write your own music, and sell it for MS points, kinda like the app store

That's essentially Youtube with paid access. And seriously, half the people on Youtube are not the kind who should be reproducing, let alone be encouraged to create any more "content". ;)

Stratoukos

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
The cheesiness of this ad is beyond words (as is the awfulness). The girl had a really nice voice though. Kinda like the girl from hairspray.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.