Glowing Towels: MS's Newest Commercial

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pimentoLoaf, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

That Little Girl Is Using A Macbook Pro!!! Shame On You Microsoft, Shame On You

2. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

What exactly is shameful about Microsoft, a software company, building software for multiple platforms, like Windows and Mac OS X? Microsoft makes Microsoft Office available for both Windows and Mac OS X. Shouldn't Apple equally be shamed for having iTunes on Mac OS X and Windows?

And frankly, why is the girl using Windows on her MacBook Pro? I guess Mac OS X just isn't good enough. If anyone should be shamed, it's Apple.

3. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

^ Um for some reason I don't think this is really from MS. However I do really like the line "Microsoft huh? So that means it's easy to use."
    :)

4. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

5. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Why, last I checked microsoft was in the business of selling software, not hardware.

Seems of ate there is more threads about Windows 7 than OS 10.6

6. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

Well, it's a research project called Songsmith that is being done by one division of Microsoft, so yes, I would classify it as a Microsoft product. But it's certainly nothing that will ever be mainstream.

And as for the commercial itself, of course it's cheesy. Look at Microsoft's past commercial dating back to Windows 386. That's how it is with other companies, too. Cheesy tech videos are just a staple of this industry.

7. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

The reason she isn't using it on OSX is because this is a Microsoft branded product, and a Microsoft funded add for it. The use of a Macbook pro is what i found strange because it is a computer made by their competitor.

8. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Competitor? What company developed software to allow Windows to dual boot on their systems?

9. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Nauseating, my dear Watson.

That's just about the worst advertisement I've ever seen... A far cry the rare cases of talent they can sometimes have.

10. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

11. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

I wasn't aware that Microsoft made computers.

No, the real reason she's using Windows on her MacBook Pro is because Songsmith (presently) only runs on Windows.

12. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

Psystar?

13. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

They don't make computers, but they are apples biggest competitor, and apple is theirs.

14. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

wow. that's pretty much all i can say. that ad was horrible

15. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Ironic how apple makes boot camp to allow windows to run on their system.
    According to all apples commercials they say how bad MS OS is. so why in the bits and bytes world would one want to run windows and contribute to, how some put it, M$?

Good night all

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Because they realize that some people have programs that are only made for windows and dont want to lose a sale over it....

17. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

yeah I know.

Not just this site but mac sites bash the living hell out of wndows.

Then you come here and its one of the better sites to read how the Windows 7 beta is going. which I think is a great thing but ironic.

If I had some extra cash I would pick up a mini to learn a little more about OS.

I think boot camp is a great feture.

But I agree whatever that video was it was horrible, and I thought i couldnt sing

18. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

lets all type real big cuz it looks cool

Ms doesnt give a crap what computer you buy, as long as you are buying their software.
    Im downloading the demo just to check it out. Looks kinda dumb, imo, but im still intrigued.

19. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I wonder if they will be able to tie it in to the 360. Write your own music, and sell it for MS points, kinda like the app store

20. Luftwaffles macrumors regular

That's essentially Youtube with paid access. And seriously, half the people on Youtube are not the kind who should be reproducing, let alone be encouraged to create any more "content". ;)

21. iAthena macrumors regular

I wonder which direction Windows sales would go if Dell offered a dual boot or OS choice on their computers.

22. Stratoukos macrumors member

The cheesiness of this ad is beyond words (as is the awfulness). The girl had a really nice voice though. Kinda like the girl from hairspray.

23. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio