Glue under the glass?

wressus

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2010
I was about to sell my iphone 5s today. So I took some photos of it, and when I looked at the taken photos, I discovered that there seemed to be glue on one spot!?

I don't know if this has been the case all the time since I always have a case on it.

I tried google this, but all I got was "how change screen" topics.

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2015
If you wanna solve this problem, you need a new whole screen with digitizer lcd full.

wressus

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2010
If you wanna solve this problem, you need a new whole screen with digitizer lcd full.
I would not try to solve it. I would let apple solve it.

Just wondering if this is something that happens, with age or if it´s a production fault. I´ll guess I will have to go to the apple store and ask.

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2015
I would not try to solve it. I would let apple solve it.

Just wondering if this is something that happens, with age or if it´s a production fault. I´ll guess I will have to go to the apple store and ask.
I hope for you they gonna change it for you. Hope they dont say that's user damage.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I was about to sell my iphone 5s today. So I took some photos of it, and when I looked at the taken photos, I discovered that there seemed to be glue on one spot!?

I don't know if this has been the case all the time since I always have a case on it.

I tried google this, but all I got was "how change screen" topics.

Look like something was jammed against the screen as it has actually pushed in the white bezel. It is not glue coming out of the screen edge it is something from the outside pushed into the edge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.