GM 3.0 AT&T people, MMS working?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dsr1205, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

mine doesn't have MMS, but it has most if not all of the 3.0 features i believe.

Edit: more info: I have unlimited messaging plan on my family plan, it includes MMS, and before the GM i could MMS people.

2. sprescott1974 macrumors member

nope...i restored and MMS is no longer available. can't change the carrier file either so i guess we're out of luck until we get a carrier update from Apple.

tethering is available however.

3. Dsr1205 thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting, i don't even have a tethering option in my menus.

4. Vonswanko macrumors regular

Mine is still working, but I did an option+update instead of restore.

5. thejay2012 macrumors newbie

Did someone try calling AT&T to see if they can take off your MMS opt-out? I heard some other gent in a different thread mention it. It may work.

6. Elhammerpuncho macrumors newbie

I just asked an ATT customer serviced rep and she said that there is no block my the account, but MMS will be enabled on june 18th.

I have the GM build and there is no option to enable MMS on the phone and the ATT carrier.IPC used to enable MMS on beta 5 isnt even available to update the phone now.

Any ideas?

7. cualexander macrumors 6502a

AT&T just told me that MMS didn't work with iPhone and they transferred me to iPhone support but they told me that AT&T would have to turn it on, and he offered to transfer me back to AT&T but I just gave up going in circles.

8. luv2hum macrumors regular

for tyhose who have downloaded the gm seed, does find my iphone work?

9. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

You can turn it on in the Settings, but when I checked earlier it didn't exist on me.com.

10. luv2hum macrumors regular

11. luv2hum macrumors regular

i also did the option +update to the gm, instead of going for the restore. i hope i did not lose out on anything.....i have no idea where the find my iphone setting is.....any ideas if i should do the full restore, or if the option update is finel.
    thanks

12. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > MobileMe > Find My IPhone

If Apple wants Mobile Me to be such a big deal, it needs to have its own item under settings.

13. luv2hum macrumors regular

thanks....found it and it is on. i guess we just have to wait until mobile me.com acually puts it up there because of now, it is not on the web.