Gm candidate to GM full?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Saberon, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Quick question

Currently running Windows 7 with iOS4 GMC. Tried to restore to 3.1.3, had errors and tried instructions and couldn't get it to restore. So i restored' back to 4.0 GMC.

When the real deal comes out Monday what's easiest/best/safest way to do it. Can i just "upgrade" from the GMC to GM firmware like I would from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3. Or will I have to do same kind special restore like I did to go from 3.1.3 to 4.0GMC?

Thanks

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

iTunes will update your iPhone to ios4.0 final when it's released.

3. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

lol I did the same thing today. Downgraded my 3G back to 3.1.3, then realized that my backup will not restore to the older version, so went back to 4 GM.

I hope they clean-up the performance issues on the 3G with iOS4 between the GM and the release on Monday...

4. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

iOS4 works fine on my iPhone 3G, have you restarted the iPhone after upgrading to iOS4?

at a times iPhone also needs restart

5. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

Yep. Multiple times. Performance is ok to start and then quickly goes into the crapper even with core apps like iPod. There's a huge memory leak or something like that in the GM and the 3G with it's lower memory shows it quickly.

6. monksealpup macrumors regular

iTunes will not automatically update the GM candidate to iOS 4.0 final. You must SPECIFICALLY tell it to restore. It will check for a local copy of the iOS 4 .ipsw for your hardware and, not finding one in the normal iTunes directory, download it from Apple's servers.

Obviously this only applies after iOS 4 final goes live ...