Gm & next week

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by N-Y, Sep 11, 2013.

1. N-Y macrumors regular

so the GM is the same version that will come out next week?, have they ever released a GM and changed the version on official release date?

also is it better to do a clean install or upgrade?... i just found iOS7 to download, the file size seems to be about 1.32gb is that what it should be?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yes, the GM will be the same as next weeks release. If Apple happens to find a major bug, they'll release a new GM which will end up being the public release. This happened with the iOS 4.2 GM which had a WiFi bug on the iPad. Apple then released a new GM which became the public release when it launched shortly thereafter.

The software files range from anywhere between 1.1 and 1.3 GB so yes, sounds like you're downloading the right one. Just be sure the file is for your device.

3. mattburley7, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013

mattburley7 macrumors 68020

wonder if we will see a GM 2 because there have been a lot of complaints about crashing and bugs. since this is a major overhaul to iOS I wouldnt be surprised to see a iOS 7 gm2 before release. so therefore maybe we will get iOS 7.0.1 gm and then 7.0.1 release next wednesday instead?!

4. N-Y thread starter macrumors regular

is this normal

1) Mount the .dmg image file;
    2) open iTunes;
    3) connect the iPhone/iPad/iPod to the Mac/PC with the USB cable;
    4) select Restore while keeping pressed Alt (Mac) or Shift (Windows);
    5) choose the .ipsw firmware file that is located within the .dmg mounted image;
    6) once restored, go here to activate: http://www.incredibili.net/iOS7
    7) enjoy

i have to go to a site to activate it?... i went the site, they're asking for money?

5. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

No it isn't.

6. N-Y thread starter macrumors regular

so after i select the ISPW to get it to setup.... after its done setting it up, even though im not a developer it should work right away?

7. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Gee you would think slow animations is a BUG!

8. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

NO! You would only do that if it wasn't a GM.. like if it was a beta, and honestly no one really had to pay to activate their iPhones for iOS 7 beta this time.

9. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

You did it wrong.