GM: Notification Center does not honor Show Preview off?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by dekadent, Sep 11, 2013.

1. dekadent macrumors member

dekadent

iPhone 5, iOS 7 GM, restored from ipsw, set up as new phone. Twice. Passcode on.

I have "Show Preview" under Messages in Notification Center settings set to OFF but I still see a preview if I swipe down the NC when the phone is locked.

Does someone else share the same problem?

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I do actually. Only the banner doesnt show preview, but it shows the preview in the lock screen.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

I noticed a slightly different version of this in relation to Mail--I have previews turned on, and when I see the notifications in Notification Center while unlocked, the previews are there, but if I use Notification Center while the phone is locked, the previews for Mail suddenly disappear.

Something definitely doesn't seem right when it comes to all of this given the similar (although reversed) issue mentioned with Messages now too.

4. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

I don't get previews in either the lock screen or the banners (the way I have set it up). Not sure about NC - will check next time I get a message.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Just disabled previews for text messages, and I don't see them on the lock screen notifications or even in Notification Center when the phone is locked, but when the phone is unlocked I do see them in Notification Center. Still inconsistent.