GM over Beta

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by mstrshikadance, Aug 31, 2012.

1. mstrshikadance macrumors newbie

Been looking for an answer to this one for a while...

Will it be possible to install the 10.8.2 gm over the beta, or is a clean install necessary?

Thanks!

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

Since you are running the Mountain Lion Beta I will assume that you are a paid Apple Developer. I would recommend asking your fellow Apple Developers in the Apple Developer Community since that is the proper place for this question.

3. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

Yes.

4. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

Ignoring the wanna-be mod here, you'll be just fine. To be on the safe side, make sure you have a backup of your data and that you install the combo update instead of the delta one.

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

Since he is obviously an Apple Developer how does directing him to the Apple Developer Community where he could likely get a faster more accurate answer make me a wanna-be mod? :rolleyes:

6. midtownhd macrumors member

You did not answer the question, and just said something of no use.

The answer to the OP's question is yes.

7. mstrshikadance thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you

thank you all for the response.

Few notes: Never said anywhere i was an apple developer or had access. Was just curious because i know how difficult it can be downgrade (the process). All this talk on the forums about people trying out the beta made me wonder whether they were aware of the nuisance it can cause installing non-gm versions.

thanks!