GM-Receiving OTA Updates Moving Forward

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by alty04, Sep 18, 2013.

1. alty04 macrumors newbie

I have the GM on my phone. Will I now receive OTA updates moving forward? I am tired of plugging my phone into iTunes to update and just prefer OTA updates. I also have some others on my developer account that do not have easy access to a Mac to plug in and get the GM. They are still on beta 6. What is the best way for them to get to the public release? Install the GM or is there a way to get off of the beta and onto the public version? I know both builds are the same but the issue is they do not have access to a Mac to plug into for access to the .ipsw file. They need an OTA update if possible. All of them have active UDID codes.

Thanks!

2. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Yes you will be able to update OTA from now on, from the GM forward.

The others need to use the IPSW file of the GM right now. Don't need to do it from a Mac, can be done from a Windows PC too.
    Or put device into DFU mode and restore in iTunes, which will download the latest update for the device (iOS 7).

3. alty04 thread starter macrumors newbie

How do we do it from a PC? And what is DFU mode?

4. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

Those questions are not good signs. Why do you have a GM?

5. azing macrumors 6502

I've been asking myself the same thing. The amount of posts I've seen today asking how to get from GM to final, or how to get from beta 6 to final, is crazy. If you're going to install beta software, and you're not a dev, you should at least know what you're getting in to.

EDIT: Not saying that the OP isn't a dev, just saying :p

6. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

If these are questions you are asking, I recommend you don't deal with betas anymore.

Anyways, doing it from your computer is as simple as plugging your phone in and clicking restore/update.

DFU is Device Firmware Upgrade mode

7. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

if you don't jailbreak your phones then OTA updates are for you

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Why the need for DFU? Can't you just restore and that will pull the latest update? Seems like that works fine.