Gmail 2.0 came and went?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by joejoejoe, Dec 4, 2012.

1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Today I went to my app updates section where I saw a new gmail update, complete with new icon and everything (called version 2.0).

The description states things like multiple accounts, infinite scrolling, redesigned user interface, etc. As soon as I pushed the update button I got a message saying the app I am trying to download is no longer available, and furthermore no Gmail app at all came up when I tried a search in the app store (neither the new or old version).

I've attached some screen shots

Attached Files:

2. erthquake macrumors member

3. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I didn't have it installed so I didn't get the update but I was able to re-install it as v2.0 from the "Purchased" section of the App Store app.

Also, I, too, did not see it when searching, which is curious.

I recommend closing out of the App Store app completely and re-launching it to see if that works.

4. erthquake macrumors member

Yep. I was able to update by going to the Purchased section as well. Playing with it now. Initial loading seems to be a tad faster. Liking it much better so far.

5. GiantSteve macrumors member

Deleting the app and installing it is the trick. It looks to be a huge improvement on the prior gmail version

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I grabbed the update. I had recently deleted it from my phone because Mail suffices, or so it seems.

7. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

this worked!

and the new app is fantastic. finally feels like a real app designed from the ground up, as opposed to the web app just ported to native form.

thanks!

8. shurcooL, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012