Gmail 2.0 notifications

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by sjdigital, Dec 5, 2012.

1. sjdigital macrumors regular

I have three Gmail accounts and have set up the new Gmail app to handle all three of them. But if an email comes in to an account that isn't the currently active one, while I get a notification on the home screen icon telling me that an email has arrived, I don't get a notification on the individual account icon to tell me to which account the email has come. So I then have to try them individually to find out which one it is.

Is this normal, or is there some way to correct this?

2. Daniel97 macrumors 6502a

The pictures in the App store show this working so i would say the app has a bug thats stopping it.

Question .. When i open the labels tab on the left is there anyway to remove the Starred, important and everything label?!

3. sjdigital thread starter macrumors regular

Do they? I can only find a picture that shows the notifications only on the active account (the one with the blue outline to the icon). Have I missed it elsewhere?

4. shurcooL, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012

shurcooL macrumors 6502a

I noticed Gmail 2.0 app no longer has any indicator to show important messages vs. non-important ones. Not to mention the ability to mark mail as important/non-important is still lacking.

What's up with that? Are thy moving to remove the important mail feature?

I've been using it to highlight all my personal mail, so that it stands out over the automated mail/notifications that I receive.