Gmail Account Accessed In The US (I Live in Canada!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by modit, May 17, 2011.

1. modit macrumors 6502

I checked my Gmail account activity yesterday and it said 2 of my email accounts we're accessed via IMAP in Washington DC one day last week. I'm in Ontario Canada so that's impossible. The only time I checked my email that day was at a free Bell WiFi hotspot at McDonald's.

I jailbroked my iPhone so could this be the problem?

Thanks!

2. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Sometimes when I check my recent activities when I am on 3G it'll say IL...and I'm in PA. I'm not worried much because it's the IP address of my phone.

3. wpotere Guest

JB would not be the issue. It sounds like your accounts might have been hacked. I would change the passwords and make sure they are complex passwords.

4. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

It seems like they might have miss judged the location.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=45938

5. tjb1 macrumors 68000

If I make WIFI on my phone off of 3G it makes the computer think im in Ohio, when I actually live in Pennsylvania.

6. blevins321 macrumors 68030

When I use my Sprint hotspot it makes Google think I'm in Kansas (Sprint's corporate headquarters). I'm in Ohio. It's probably the location where they are actually connected to the outside internet instead of just local activity.

7. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

I had this happen a few weeks ago. I had warning of usage in first New York, then in China. I just changed my password immediately after seeing that

8. kicko macrumors 65816

strange i just logged on and got the same warning, i beileve it not to actually a threat but just in case i did change my password. Maybe someone is sniffing around gmails??

9. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I got the same message a couple weeks ago, it said I had logged in from some random foreign country.

I have a feeling that the chance that all these accounts are being accessed by others is pretty low, it's probably something with Gmail or the IP. I did change my password just in case.