gmail accounts disconnect, request password

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wadwight, Oct 15, 2013.

1. wadwight macrumors newbie

hi, i operate a Mac Pro OSX 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, using Outlook 2011 for Mac 14.3.8

Using Outlook 2011 as my primary email software I retrieve emails for 16 different email addresses from 6 different clients: gmail, gmx, videotron, etc. What has been happening for some time now, especially when I am away from home in cafes using wifi is that gmail arbitrarily disconnects on several of my accounts asking me to re-enter the password. most of the time if i click send/receive it reconnects. sometimes i need to shut and re-open Outlook and sometimes because the bouncing icon in the dock drives me nuts i have to simply close Outlook so i can work on something else and only open it when i need to verify emails. does anyone else have this problem? I am probably not describing it with correct technical acumen but hope what i am saying is clear.

thanks!

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You question is pretty clear. I can think of a couple of things that may be causing this.

One (the most likely, I think) is the "security" at Google seeing you at a different location...on top of that it's a location from which others are also accessing Google. I'm not sure there's any specific information on this Google "security" that explains how it works.

Another would be the network setup at the cafes causing some sort of issue, but this doesn't seem likely since it always seems to be Google.