gmail and google reader on ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Trepp, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Trepp macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, new guy here with a few questions! I am debating an ipod touch vs a regular ipod, so I thought I would ask how the touch works with gmail and with google reader. I use both of those a lot and if it doesn't work with them I would probably opt for a standard ipod. I am hoping it works because the other features of the touch look really cool.

Thanks for any info!

Trepp

2. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Touch plays very nicely with Gmail, so if that is a seller then do it.

I haven't any knowledge on the reader though...they did refresh Google's website to make a mobile edition so I think maybe it would be nice as well?

3. aki macrumors 6502a

dont use gmail on touch but i use reader all teh time and it works great... the first versions they had of it were kind of hard to use, gui was not so good... but they are updating it often and now it works great... i share my internet via wifi from my imac and do most of my googlereader reading from the touch now

4. Trepp thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome! Is it the full version of reader or is it a mobile version that you use?

5. aki macrumors 6502a

you can use both of course... mobilesafari is very good for most pages but of course the mobile version of google tools is best... im pretty sure that google is actually designing mobile google mainly for iphone/touch, so it all works nicely, pages the right size, menus etc... check youtube there may even been a demo or maybe you can get mobile google on safari just to see what it looks like

6. MurphyM macrumors 6502

The reader has links at the top for the main screen, feeds, and tags.

The apps are good. Makes me think lots of people at Google are using iPhones.

I use the Reader a lot, no troubles.

The calendar in the default mobile site doesn't have Quick Add. But if you go to http://www.google.com/calendar/m there's a Quick Add.

7. eddietr macrumors 6502a

Google Calendar looks and works great on the iPhone and Touch also.

And yes, GMail has been very much optimized for these two devices.