Gmail and ios6 not mixing?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mr M5, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Mr M5 macrumors regular

For some reason now that I have updated to ios6 the iPad seems to not be loading my gmail through the mail app. It says it can to get mail check settings but the password is right. I do use two step auth,if that makes a difference

Any ideas?

2. TaKashMoney macrumors 6502

Same thing happened to me upon upgrading. I ended up deleting the account and re-entering the info. All works great now.

3. Major.Robto macrumors 6502

If in doubt after a upgrade do a system restore and set everything back up.

Going between a OS version via upgrade is hard. and problems will always pop up.

I herd that if Windows vista had Windows 7 installed over it as a upgrade it would bring over many vista bugs.

Now with apple. I system migrated over (You think a migration would be alright) Nope. Migrating form 10.6 to 10.7 messed up. Thank god I backed up my user folder and apps. and I started fresh.

When Installed 10.8 over 10.7 I had problems with some apps. I did a clean install and it was acting better. but I went back to 10.6.8 Big jump down but worth it. System is more stable now because of it.

WTF?

4. nparmelee macrumors 6502

I use the two step auth as well, no problems.

5. midwestfisherma macrumors 6502

midwestfisherma

I'm using the two step auth on my iPod Touch 4G, iOS 6 w/ the gmail app. No problems here.

6. Heb 7:4 macrumors regular

7. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

These are already suggested above but the order I'd recommend based on impact -- which is really just standard troubleshooting for most stuff:
    1. Restart (probably won't do anything if you just upgraded)
    2. Delete and re-add account
    3. Wipe/restore and try again.

Better is highly subjective no matter what the topic. OP never stated how the gmail account was set up to begin with.

9. iMerik macrumors 6502

The Exchange route is no longer a better experience in my opinion, mostly because of the limitations on Contact syncing. Now that Google supports CardDAV, I have re-set up my Gmail accounts on my iPhone by using the "Gmail" Add Account option (gives you mail, calendar, and notes) and the "Other" Add Account option for CardDAV (gives you best access to your Gmail contacts).