Gmail and safari issues....

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Next Tuesday, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

I use safari only and im having an issue with gmail.com. Everytime i go on the site and login, the page freezes and i have to close that tab out. I can reopen it and it works for about 5 seconds then freezes again. Anyone have an idea of whats going on? Every other website i go to is fine, its just gmail. Any suggestions?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

See if the problem persists in Firefox or Chrome. Disable or uninstall any plugins you might have. Reset Safari and try it again.

3. Next Tuesday thread starter macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

The only safari plugins i have are clicktoflash and glims. I reset safari already and it didnt help. I havent downloaded firefow or chrome yet mostly because everyone that has them complain about them all the time.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Have you disabled them and/or uninstalled them temporarily to see if GMail works then?

Ok.

Well clearly Safari isn't working out for you if GMail doesn't work in it.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Gmail has these freezing problems from time to time. It's not the browser. It's the Gmail site. For example, right now, I can click on any of my Gmail folders on the web interface, but if I click on the Spam folder, Gmail says "Loading...." and occasionally "Still working...", but never loads the page. I can go back a few days later and it works fine.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I don't think I've ever experienced this in Firefox or Chrome. Why would it be a site issue?

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Multiple internet connections? Why wouldn't this be a more widespread (and therefore more heavily discussed) issue if it was GMail-wide?

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you search "Gmail slow loading" you'll find plenty of discussion about this. See the link I added to my previous post. The problem is intermittent, so I think many just decide to wait until it clears up.

10. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

11. TXBDan macrumors regular

my gmail is also sucking in Safari. I can't send an email.. it just hangs there. its been this way off and on and getting worse for a week or two. Firefox works perfectly.

12. TXBDan macrumors regular

ugh this is frustrating. "Still waiting" is all i see. Firefox is perfect. wtf.