Gmail App Issue?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by NativeTxn, Dec 11, 2014.

1. NativeTxn macrumors regular

After I updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 8.1.2 yesterday, I've noticed that my Gmail app is no longer pushing emails and it is not providing a notification when I receive new emails. I checked the Notification settings, turned those off and back on. I've restarted the phone multiple times. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Turned off my Google account in the app and turned it back on, etc.

Anyone else having this (or similar) problem(s) with the Gmail app recently?

Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

2. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

Mine quit doing notifications today. It started again after I opened the app, opened settings (gear-shaped icon) in the app, turned Notifications there to None and saved and then turned Notifications back to "All New Mail" and Saved again.

That either fixed it or kept me occupied while Google fixed something on their end.

3. NativeTxn thread starter macrumors regular

It may have been on Google's end because mine seems to be working now. Go figure...

Thanks.

4. NativeTxn thread starter macrumors regular

5. NativeTxn thread starter macrumors regular

Good Lord, it's doing it again. It's like it is a daily thing from about 9:30 AM through noon or so Central time. Really odd.

Any thoughts?

6. NativeTxn thread starter macrumors regular

Seriously annoying as it is still going on. I can't seem to fix it to where it consistently pushes and notifies me no matter what I do.

Does it seem like it would be a Google issue, App issue, Phone issue, or some combination?

7. colburnr macrumors regular

colburnr

I am having the same issues...VERY frustrating. :mad:

8. NativeTxn thread starter macrumors regular

It's really weird for me. It's like it will work fine overnight and in the morning for a bit, but then it will stop. Then later in the day, it will work okay again, but the problem repeats itself.

At first I thought it might have something to do with the clock app and my alarms, but it only started acting up recently, and I've been using the alarm on my phone for much longer than that.

Given the level of annoyance, I've just started using the Boxer app until hopefully they fix whatever might be causing the issue.

9. colburnr macrumors regular

colburnr

Yeah...I searched on the Google help forums, and there are complaints of this. The representative of Google stated they reverting on a fix. BTW...do you use inbox?

10. NativeTxn thread starter macrumors regular

Well, hopefully they come up with a fix soon.

No, I don't use Inbox. Just the regular Gmail app.

11. purpleparrotuk macrumors 6502a

purpleparrotuk

Mine was doing the same recently. Use inbox now instead.

12. NativeTxn thread starter macrumors regular

13. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The Inbox app like the gmail app supports multiple gmail accounts. Beyond that I'm not sure because I don't have much knowledge/experience with aliases. Try it out.

14. NativeTxn thread starter macrumors regular

I'll give it a try. I just sent them a request for an invitation.

15. adonis3k macrumors 6502

I have been having this issue on my iP6, I know because when I get an email I used to pretty much get it pop up on my iPhone then afew seconds later on my Mac. Now its like lagging behind around 20 mins!

16. StuMcBill macrumors 6502a

Is inbox available for ipad? Tried the iPhone version but it looks like crap.

17. Armen, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014

Armen macrumors 604

Armen

It should happen quick.

18. NativeTxn thread starter macrumors regular

Tried inbox and I like the UI and look of it, but there are two problems I have with it. I use my work email as an alias through Gmail but Inbox doesn't allow you to create signatures, so that is a deal breaker for me.

The other is more of an annoyance than deal breaker and that is the fact that you can't yet select multiple messages and mark them as read all at once.

So for me, it isn't useful until they at least allow for signatures.