Gmail App

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by keerf, Jul 6, 2015.

1. keerf macrumors member

Hi Everyone,

So My first time back on an iPhone in quite a while. I'm curious about the general thoughts on Gmail apps for the iPhone.

I know the official Gmail app is decent, but I have noticed it has errors on loading on occasion. I wanted to use Outlook, but I know some issues have been raised about how it handles notifications (storing messages etc).

I would assume CloudMagic, and Boxer handle emails the same way outlook does correct?

Does everyone stick to the gmail app? Or do you use something different.

Thanks for any help!

2. deep1 macrumors regular

In same boat, gmail app is too slow so forwarding my gmail to outlook and using default email with push. Default mail suits me fine and very fast.
    Might move to outlook all together.

3. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

I just use the built in email app. It does what I need to do in email anyway. I don't really need duplicate email apps.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

There's also Inbox from Google. Most other apps that do push for Gmail will likely store credentials in some fashion to provide that push ability (given that Google doesn't provide it themselves in iOS for their regular free accounts).

5. Blackforge macrumors 6502

You can use the Outlook for iOS app as a GMail client as well as the previously mentioned native mail client and Google's Inbox app.

6. keerf thread starter macrumors member

I guess I just worry about Outlook storing my messages somewhere else, as well as my user info.

7. DomC macrumors 6502

DomC

The Gmail app has always felt like a slow clumsy web-app to me. If I didn't need it for push notifications, I'd delete it.