Gmail & Apple Mail issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by shez, Sep 26, 2016.

1. shez macrumors member

shez

MacBook Pro 15inch Retina 2015
    i7 2.2Ghz/16GB RAM/256GB SSD
    El Capitan 10.11.6

Hey guys hoping someone can help me out here.

Ok so everything was working fine until I decided to upgrade to Siera - but my work applications didn't work too well with it so I then had to revert back to El Capitan with a clean install.

I've set everything up as it was and the only problem I'm having is adding my gmail account to mail. I also have my iCloud account signed in and that works fine. No matter what I do mail will not sync my gmail and won't even allow the account to show in mail>prefs>accounts (iCloud is there).

This is what I've done so far with no resolution:

- Added gmail account to internet accounts (system prefs) and ticked mail. Removed account and then added it back in - still no luck.

- Removed gmail account, loaded mail, mail preferences>accounts and then added gmail in here. No luck - it goes throguh the process but when I add the account it just disappears.

- Restarted machine. No luck.

Gmail shows up fine in my internet accounts but will just not show up in mail accounts no matter what I do. Has anyone ever had this issue and does anyone know what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

2. shez thread starter macrumors member

shez

Resolved:

(In system prefs>internet accounts) Unticked Gmail, Unticked iCloud Mail - so nothing in Mail at all. Re-ticked Gmail first - Gmail then appeared. Re-ticked iCloud Mail and both now working fine together.