Resolved Gmail Attachment Path Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by webdeveloper, Aug 5, 2012.

1. webdeveloper, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012

webdeveloper macrumors newbie

I use gmail's webmail and my job requires me to transfer documents back and forth, images, and so on. When I send a message with an attachment (document or image) to someone to receive, can they see my home directory name? (example: User/JohnDoe/Documents) which reveals my computer, account name, and where the document came from or is the receiver only able to see the attachment itself?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Should only be able to see the attachment itself after it is sent
    It shows the path on the web interface showing where the file will be sent from

3. simsaladimbamba

The receiver is only able to see the actual attachment, not the actual path.

Btw, to get a more knowledgable audience, and raising the chances of getting accurate help, a descriptive thread title is a big help. In order to change thread titles, click the EDIT button of your original post, then the GO ADVANCED button and it should be clear from there on out.

And even if they would see the path, the computer name would not be included and the name of the user folder is not really compromising your security, unless your password matches your short user name or is in direct relation to it.

4. webdeveloper thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thank you both. Sorry for the confusion