gmail calendar/contacts not syncing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by barebackbadger8, Nov 25, 2010.

1. barebackbadger8 macrumors 6502

barebackbadger8

now this is a deal breaker as to whether i buy mobileme :)
    i set a gmail account up on my iphone 3gs..... but all my contacts and calendars were on my iphone to start with.
    now i googled how to sync my contacts and calendar from my iphone to my gmail account, and was instructed to setup an exchange account with the server as m.google.com and my gmail logon details etc

Now mail as never been a single problem, but my calendar and contacts never sync to gmail account. i have had this for 3 months now and i have no contacts or calendars from my iphone on my gmail account....

hopefully this is something simple, but if this is very hit and miss anyway ill buy mobileme!

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

did you look at the help on google? it works pretty well. though it will erase your info so you need get it on google before you sync it.
    myself I don't like to sync contacts with google it does not save pics and such. but calenders works well.

3. barebackbadger8 thread starter macrumors 6502

barebackbadger8

yes i did check the help, its been driving me mad to be honest!
    think i will just buy mobileme, if i can get it cheap enough?

4. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

when you setup the account did it say it was verified? sometimes I had to work to get the account verified but then it worked great.