Gmail calendar help needed

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Souli, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Souli macrumors member

Hey,
    just got my first iphone and trying to find a good solution to keep ipad, iphone and pc synced with calendar, contact and mails. I registered for the Mobileme Trial period and it took me 10 sec to set things up and get going.

Today I tried out gmail since that is free but I'm stuck. I setup the gmail as exchange email like shown in the tutorial. Also got my contacts synced but the calendar is not working like I want. I'm only able to display 1 calendar on my phone though I setup a few different (work, family, friends,...) online. On my iphone I can only see the calendar named myemailadress@gmail.com

Is there a way to display the others too? In MobileMe I just had to create a new one and it was synced with my iphone that's it.

I wanted to avoid to pay for MobileMe but so far it worked way better for me. For example finding a way to get the contacts on my iphone to upload to gmail took me like 40 mins....

2. siufai macrumors member

On the iPhone:

Open Safari
    Go to http://m.google.com/sync
    Sign-in
    Click on your iPhone in the list
    Check the box for the calendars you want to display.

3. Souli thread starter macrumors member

when I open that page on my iphone it says my device is not supported:confused:

edit: k found a way to get it to work

4. ValenR macrumors member

Bump.

Sorry to steal this thread, but I didn't want to create a new one since you kind of solved your problem.

Do you mind telling how you solved it ? When I use the m.google.com/sync thing navigating to the Calendar app, and checking my Calendars, my "native" calendar still just shows 1 Calendar (the name@gmail.com).

Thanks in advance.