Gmail / calendar sync

Discussion in 'iPad' started by smuxyz, Mar 24, 2012.

1. smuxyz macrumors newbie

I recently bought the new iPad.

I have my iPhone and iCal perfectly set up so that it syncs every time I add an event.

It does that as well for my iPad but only with my gmail. I have subscribed to a calendar (that's made with google calendar) but somehow that specific calendar won't sync onto my iPad? Does anyone know why?

Also, is it completly impossible to be able to edit events on all devices? Or can you only edit them on the device where you created it?

Thank you for your time!

2. iphoneuserinyyz macrumors member

Go to m.google.com/sync on your iDevice, and make sure the boxes for the correct calendars are checked. By default, only the main calendar will be selected.

3. smuxyz thread starter macrumors newbie

This just puts me into the calendar on the webpage. Is it impossible to sync it to the Calendar app? (the standard one)

4. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

He meant set up your Google account as an Exchange Account under Settings --> Mail,Contacts, Calendars.

5. PK2 macrumors newbie

Right, chose exchange, server m.google,com, works for me

6. iphoneuserinyyz macrumors member

The instructions I gave you apply once you have google exchange sync set up on your iDevice, using the server specified above. Then you browse to m.google.com/sync in a mobile browser to select which calendars to sync. Then go into the calendars app on your iDevice and all of the calendars should show up in the drop down box at the top (you might have to hit the refresh arrow at the top left). By the way, you have to access m.google.com/sync from a mobile browser, not your computer, and it might only work once your exchange account is set up.

7. smuxyz thread starter macrumors newbie

8. InnocenceMyth macrumors newbie