GMAIL Contacts on iPhone 4 Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Need help moving GMAIL contacts to iPhone

I am not a fan of GMAIL, but my wife used this on her old Droid before she switched to her iPhone. I have her phone setup to use Calendar, Contacts and Email from her GMAIL account but I need to move her contacts from GMAIL to the iPhone for good, but if I turn off her GMAIL settings her contacts abvisouly go bye bye, so what is the process.

Did I mention I hate GMAIL :eek:

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What do you sync with on the computer? Outlook on Windows? Mail on Mac?

Work on getting Google to sync with THAT (google will show you how, there's usually some way of doing it) and then sync the iPhone with the contacts through iTunes.

Then you'll be in a computer/iPhone sync state and can cut G-Mail out of the loop.

3. critic81 macrumors regular

First of all, gmail is the best email service out there. Just try it out for a while, you will get hooked. As for moving contacts, just go to the contacts from gmail, do an export, then import it into windows address book or in to Mac address book, then in iTunes, when you sync, just do Sync contacts. There ya go. Pretty simple.

4. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

or set it up through Exchange to keep both sets of contacts in sync

5. guicane macrumors regular

guicane

setup gmail as exchange on the iphone using m.google.com

I use it like that and sync my emails with push, contacts and calendar all in real time and if I lose my phone and my computer explodes, it's all in gmail/contacts/gcalendar! awesome