GMail: Delete instead of Archive?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by legaleye3000, Jul 14, 2015.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

When clicking on a gmail message, can I replace the "archive" button with "delete"?

2. arubinst macrumors 6502

3. Zorba macrumors regular

Zorba

Go to Settings - Mail - Gmail - account - Advanced - and then select 'Delete' instead of Archive.

4. arubinst macrumors 6502

Oh! I was referring to gmail notifications produced by the Gmail app. They only present the Archive option.

Now that I think about it, I don't know if this is the case the OP was referring to.

5. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm referring to gmail notifications on the watch... When I click on a gmail notification and scroll to the bottom, it says archive. I want delete instead... Thanks.

6. aloecool macrumors regular

7. friedmud macrumors 65816

The options you see on a notification aren't generated by the Watch. They are part of the notification itself... they're called "Interactive Notifications".

So, to change this you would need to change it within the App itself.... so search through the settings in the GMail App to see if you can set the default to Delete instead of Archive or something.

8. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

The app doesn't have a setting for this on the phone.

9. arubinst macrumors 6502

I've found a great solution if you don't mind ditching the gmail app and using Outlook. I'm actually amazed at how good an email client Outlook is.

It doesn't provide a Watch app but it does give several options with each notification (delete, archive, flag...). And it does support gmail push.

10. friedmud macrumors 65816

If you use Google Inbox ( inbox.google.com ) instead of the regular GMail app it has a setting called "Action to take when done with a message". If you set that to "Move to trash" then email notifications from Inbox on the Watch will have a "Trash" option.

Google Inbox is awesome with the Watch in general. I have several custom bundles set up... and I have it set to only notify me if I get an email in particular bundles.... which keeps down the notification stream to my arm...