GMail Down?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulobrad, Dec 24, 2007.

1. paulobrad macrumors regular

Not strictly iPhone realted but I use it to view my GMail so what the hell..

I'm in the UK and it appears GMail is down - can't get on the web interface or connect through Thunderbird or the iPhone mail app. When I log into the web interface it actually says "We're down and working on it blah blah"

Is everyone with GMail experiencing this?

For the record, on iPhone I get the error: "Mail was unable to connect to erver "imap.gmail.com" using SSL on port 993. Verify that this server supports SSL and that your account settings are correct".

Hope their going to be working over Christmas!

2. ThomasShaped macrumors regular

3. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

4. nippyjun macrumors 65816

5. ThomasShaped macrumors regular

6. paulobrad thread starter macrumors regular

Over 24 hours without my beloved GMail account now...clearly no one in Mountain View, California is working over Christmas!

7. meagain macrumors 68030

Google disabled many gmail accounts around 10pm before xmas eve day. They were restored sometime yesterday. Claim was the usual (there are prior instances if you google it) - trying to nuke spammers but nuking innocents also. I have a few gmail accounts and one was nuked (now fixed). It really sucked given it was xmas and all.

8. paulobrad thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers, yeah - looks like that's exactly what happened to mine - back online around midnight last night. Ergh.

Where did you read this? Do Google have a "known issues" or similar sort of page?