Gmail exchange issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mischka07, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Mischka07 macrumors regular

Hey all,

I'm on Exchange for Gmail on the iPhone, but I haven't gotten new mail since 9 PM last night. Furthermore, when I try to archive/delete mail, I get a popup saying "Unable to Move Messages".

I've tried resetting the phone, but the issue is still there. I'm able to access Gmail through Safari, and everything is working as intended on the web. My IMAP connection at work is working as well.

Is anyone experiencing similar issues? Keep in mind I'm using Gmail through the iPhone's Exchange ability. Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

2. RLembke macrumors newbie

Yup, having the same problems. Deleted the email account and reentered all of my information.....says it can't sync.

You can hit update and it will say "updated @ XX:XXAM" but it isn't making a connection at all.

3. Mischka07 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for chiming in, sorry you're having troubles as well :(. I tried googling the issue, but no joy. I wonder if it's widespread or just a select group of users.

4. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I experienced the same thing with Gmail exchange, along with a few other issues. Finally I just gave up and went back to IMAP, for alot of people Gmail exchange has just been too buggy. I'll stick to IMAP until they work out the kinks

5. Mischka07 thread starter macrumors regular

This is a serious issue. I haven't gotten any emails on my iphone for the whole day. And unlike my BIS issues with Blackberry, I can't find a shred of information online, i.e. outages, connectivity issues w/ Exchange, etc.

6. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

I have seen 2 issues:
    1- my events on my outlook on my pc are nt pushed to my google calendar even after syncing with google sync
    2- When #1 works then the modification does not show on my iphone cal set up as a calDAV cal...

can this be linked to server issues?

7. RLembke macrumors newbie