GMail (Exchange) Search mail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by esadb, Aug 22, 2010.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Is it just me or does GMAIL Exchange the search not actually work? I cant seem to search messages on the server at all.. and its pissing me off. As i wanted to use GMAIL with PUSH.

On a side note, can people log in into the facebook app? I got that new update today and i cant seem to actually be able to log in? Says its unable to connect to facebook.

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

As noted on Google's Known Limitations page, you can't use the search feature with GMail and Exchange.

I've read that some people have had problems, but I'm not sure how widespread it is.

3. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

DAMN!

Am i supposed to get a push notification window when i receive an email tho?

Cause currently im not.. it just goes straight to the mailbox..

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Nope.

The Mail app in iOS does not show a pop up notification when you get a new email (and there isn't an option to enable this)

The phone should play the "New Mail" sound (and vibrate) depending on the settings you have selected.

There will also be a badge on the Mail icon showing the number of new (and unread) messages.

Even when you use a Push email account (like Exchange, MobileMe or Yahoo) you aren't using Apple's push notification system.

5. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Damn, yeah i guess everything works accordingly then. I get the badge/vibrate just i thouht i might get a push notification too :)

Thanks!