Gmail folder help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by richxps, Sep 23, 2009.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Hi, for some reason today i notice i have a draft folder on my iphone, and its not part of the system folders, its between my personal labels but i dont see it in the gmail online ? How can I remove this folder ?
    Thanks

2. bozzykid macrumors 68020

You must of switched to Exchange. One of the bugs Google lists is with the Drafts folder not being recognized. You can't remove this folder since it is a standard system folder. Also, it is always on the Gmail website but you may have it set to hidden. When you type a email on the Gmail website, it autosaves the email into the drafts folder until you send it.

3. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

Ok thanks so much, that explains it because i just switched to the new Gmail Push..

4. Angelo921 macrumors 6502

Why isnt there a sent mail folder once I switched over to Exchange push Gmail? The emails I send from my iphone go into the the sent mail folder of my desktops gmail but not my iphone

help please

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I had a sent folder just no drafts because it was not yet supported. Try to delete and re-add the account.

6. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Are we talking on the phone?

I just switched back to Exchange and Push and I see a Drafts Folder.

7. bozzykid macrumors 68020

The drafts folder is shown as a normal folder (aka label) and isn't recognized by the iPhone Mail app as a "drafts" folder. So if you save a draft on the iPhone, it will create a local drafts folder. All it really means is you can't start a draft on your iPhone and then see/edit it on the Gmail website.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yeah that is what I meant. ;)