Gmail Help!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by airjuggernaut, Oct 29, 2008.

1. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone.

So at my School we have this club called DECA, it is essentially just a really big competitive business club.

So as a tech executive, I had to setup the email account for the club to use.

Now my question is.

The Emails coming into the gmail account (Let's call it "A") have to be forwarded to multiple other accounts automatically. (emails "B", "C" and "D") which belong to other members of the executive.

I know how to forward the emails from A to B, but I have no idea at all how to forward the emails from A to B, C and D.

Anyone know anything that can help me ?

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

A couple of thoughts...

Would 3 separate filters work? Each with * in the "From:" box, and a separate email in the "Forward to:" box?

Perhaps it would be possible to "daisy chain" the emails, having the main box forward it to person A, who has a filter to automatically forward to person B, who automatically forwards it to person C, etc.?

3. airjuggernaut thread starter macrumors 6502a

lol sorry, I don't quite understand the filter method.

The "Daisy chain" method on the other hand would not work for us, as I would have to go into each of the personal email accounts of all the executive members (7 in total) and set that up because they don't really have the technical know-how and some of the email's are school restricted email services. All in all that wouldn't be very practical for me to do.
    But thanks for the advice though!